During the early phases of his career, Dr. Parag Gandhi developed a keen interest and skill in Oculofacial Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine. He has practiced in the fields of Ophthalmology & Oculofacial Plastic Surgery for over 15 years, and is dedicated to bringing cutting edge technology and customized techniques to the patients at VisionMD. Dr. Gandhi enjoys teaching and interacting with his patients and colleagues, and is a strong advocate for patient education. He is a board-certified Ophthalmologist and fellowship-trained Oculofacial & Orbital Surgeon, who started his Baltimore practice Maryland Eye & Face in 2020.
Dr. Gandhi received his medical degree and Ophthalmology training from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NYC. He completed his Oculofacial Plastic Surgery sub-specialization at Hamilton and Vanderbilt Eye Institutes in TN through a comprehensive fellowship program sponsored by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS), the national society that sets the standards for the most competitive training programs in his field. He is an active member of this society, has served on a number of committees, and is currently co-chair of the Global Health Committee. Dr. Gandhi has been a recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award for his many years of teaching and mentorship through the society.
Dr. Gandhi comes to Maryland from the Duke Eye Center, where he was Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology & Oculoplastics for 11 years. He has been an invited speaker to numerous national and international conferences, has published articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, authored book chapters, and has performed surgery and teaching internationally through multiple humanitarian mission trips. Through VisionMD offices, Dr. Gandhi offers a wide range of facial and periocular reconstructive and cosmetic procedures, from eyelid surgery and Mohs reconstructions for medical needs, to skin care and laser treatments for rejuvenation and aesthetic considerations.
On a personal note, Dr. Gandhi is married with two children and two dogs, and is an avid traveler, tennis player, downhill skier and scuba diver. Over the years he has practiced medicine and surgery, his patients have many positive words about his level of expertise and bedside manner: "Dr. Gandhi is everything you would want in the best of doctor care and his knowledge of medicine is the best.
- Eyelid tumors and growths
- Inflammatory eyelid disorders
- Drooping brows and/or upper eyelids
- Sagging/malpositioned lower eyelids
- Blocked tear duct(s)
- Mohs reconstructions (face and periocular)
- Orbital conditions - inflammatory, neoplastic, trauma, TED
- Poor eye closure/Ocular exposure from Facial Nerve Palsy
- Facial dystonias - hemifacial spasm, blepharospasm
- Migraine headache for medical Botox
- Cosmetic facial and eyelid consultations - ie, for cosmetic brow lift, blepharoplasty, skin CO2 laser resurfacing, RF microneedling, FaceTite, Opus Plasma (resurfacing for darker Fitzpatricks)
ON-SITE OCULOPLASTICS/AESTHETICS PROCEDURES:
- Facial injectables & dermal fillers
- Excision of eyelid lesions
- Cosmetic IPL treatments