Kennedy has a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a concentration in Organismal/Evolutionary Science with a minor in Spanish
She attended High Point University in High Point, NC from 2017-2021
She has a list of academic awards!
- Outstanding Advisor for the Student Justice Program April 2021
- Outstanding Library Senior Assistant Award April 2021
- Distinguished Service as Vice President of Student Services for Student Government Association 2020-2021
- Certificate of Excellence for Z-HOPE Initiatives Award to the Epsilon Tau Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. March 2021
- Extraordinary Leader of High Point University for February 2020
- Order of the Lighted Lamp (For acceptance into the oldest honor society on HPU’s campus, in recognition for outstanding leadership, academic achievement, and service) April 2020
- Outstanding Junior of Student Government Association 2019-2020
- Distinguished Service as Academic Chair for Student Government Association 2019-2020
- Library Hero Award April 2019
- Epsilon Tau Chapter: Chapter Scholastic Award for highest GPA in the Eastern Region for Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. March 2019; Epsilon Tau Chapter President ● NPHC Zeta Phi Beta Academic Excellence Award 2018-2019
- Outstanding Sophomore of Student Government Association 2018-2019
She is a member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Kennedy's previously worked at:
- High Point University Physical Therapy Pro Bono Clinic 2020-2021
- National Science Foundation Website Project Research Assistant Summer 2019
- Math Tutor at The Point: College Prep & Leadership Academy Spring 2019
- Smith Library Senior Assistant at High Point University for 2018-2021
- SuRPS Biology Undergraduate Research Assistant Summer of 2018 and Biology Undergraduate Research Assistant 2017-2021
- She traveled to Bighorn Basin, WY to collect mammalian fossils to analyze the mammalian response to the Eocene climate change in GIS
- ○ Phytoplankton bioassays to analyze nutrient limitation statuses for critical water supply reservoirs in NC
- USDA of Beltsville Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory Intern 2016-2017
- Reported on the findings of 4 winter cover crops treatments and their correlation to the relationship between biomass and NDVI
She grew up in PG County, Maryland, where she iis the eldest daughter of 3; 2 younger sisters, mom, dad and pet turtle.
She enjoys singing, dancing, writing, watching marine biology documentaries, roller skating, and trying new food.